- Using Progressive Enhancement to Design for Accessibility
- A progressive enhancement approach for designing accessible components from a strong baseline.
- Inclusive Components
- A blog/style guide breaking down common components with walkthroughs on making them inclusively
- Accessible Components with JS
- Accessibility Guidelines Posters
- Several posters with broad principles to guide you with designing and development accessible websites.
- Inclusive Design Principles
- Principles about designing for the needs of people with permanent, temporary, situational, or changing disabilities — all of us,s really.
- Accessible Color Generator
- Put in a background color, and this tool shows you accessible shades of it that contrast enough with text.
- WebAIM Color Contrast Checker
- The standby checker to measure color contrast ratios between foreground and background.
- Color Review
- Live testing and updating of color palettes to find one that matches accessibility standards.
- Another live contrast checker with more options for color adjustment
- Color Oracle to Simulate Color Blindness
- Check different color blindness conditions for anything on your computer to ensure color schemes still work as intended.
- CloudFlare Accessible Color Palette Generator
- Generate accessible color schemes from random colors, generates colors, colors pulled from images, and more!
In-depth Articles #
- Defining Toast Messages
- A deep dive into defining "toast" components and handling their many accessibility concerns