- Learn Enough to Be Dangerous
- Learn X in Y Minutes
- A long list of free crash courses in languages, tools, and other CS topics
- A truly massive list of free resources for all levels of programming
- Project Guidelines
- The Hansel Minutes Podcast
- An accessible podcast on a huge variety of topics across the programming spectrum
- Explore our structured learning paths to discover everything you need to know about building for the modern web
- The System Design Primer
- Learn how to design large-scale systems. Useful for application development and architecture
- Tiny Helpers
- From colors to security to Regex, a growing list of useful, single-purpose tools for developers
- Project Awesome
- A curated list of awesome lists for many programming topics
- Free Programming Books
- A large list of free books on virtually every programming topic and language
- The Art of Command Line
- Master the command line, in one pages
- Dash Dash
- Dash Dash takes the Unix (Linux, BSD, macOS) open source manual pages and sets the content in a beautiful set of typefaces while adding just a bit of animation and design.
Computer Science #
- Teach Yourself Computer Science
- A list of important CS concepts to learn with good resources to learn them with.
- Base Computer Science series
- A year's worth of posts breaking down computer science basics in plain English
- Crash Course Computer Science
- The folks at crash course dedicate an entire series to how modern computing got to where it is today
- Data Structures
- A giant explanation of different data structures and their uses
APIs, or Application Programming Interfaces, which provide lots of information and data to play around with and build programs off of.
- Programmable Web APIs
- A directory with hundreds of APIs you can search through. Quality not guaranteed, may or may not be free.
- Public APIs
- Lots of free APIs you can play with. Ranges from the serious to the silly.
- Awesome Public Datasets
- Lots of public datasets, in datasets or other downloadable/viewable forms
- An API full of Pokemon data. Good for making a Pokedex as a starter project.
- Wrap API
- A service to build APIs on top of different sites and connect them to different hooks
- Rapid API
- 30 free and interesting API for developers
- So You Just Learned
- So you learned there's systemic problems around gender, race, and other areas with the tech industry. What now? Great article resource for educating yourself.